YOUR KAYAK ADVENTURE TOUR ON THE WAILUA RIVER – TRIP DETAILS
7:45 AM & 8:45 AM
WHAT TO BRING:
- Proper footwear – TEVA or KEENS hiking sandals, water shoes or sneakers (you don’t mind getting wet & muddy).
- Light, comfortable clothing, with a swimsuit under your clothing
- Towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bug repellent, water proof phone case (we sell all these items at our kiosk if you forget)
- Reusable water bottle
- Your sense of adventure
- Ocean Zest Double Kayaks with supportive seats, life jackets, Seal Line dry bag backpacks, lightweight aluminum paddles.
- We do offer one single kayak for people traveling alone.
- Deli lunch: Includes choice of turkey, ham or vegetarian sandwiches, chips, cookies, fresh pineapple & filtered water. *Gluten free options available, please call in advance for anything other than turkey sandwiches
- Minimum age for participation is 5.
- Guests should be in good physical condition to participate in this activity. Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking, and not afraid to get wet and muddy.
- Expect 4 miles of paddling and 2 miles of hiking round trip.
- Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times. Guests are exposed to stream crossings, stepping over roots, rocks etc.
- No bad backs, joints or recent surgeries.
- Tour time usually clocks around 6 hours, depending on the pace of the group from start to finish.
- To protect both of you, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TOUR! We cannot accept bookings for women who will be 20 weeks pregnant or more on the date of the tour. Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times and we want to insure your safety for you and baby. If you show up without informing us, we might have to turn you away based on trail conditions. SAFETY IS OUR #1 PRIORITY!
- Tours go out, rain or shine. Please be advised that trail conditions can be wet and muddy due to excess rain. In the event of extreme inclement weather, tours will be re-scheduled. PLEASE BE ADVISED AT ANY TIME TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN CHANGE DUE TO EXCESS RAIN IN THE WAILUA VALLEY. GUESTS ARE EXPOSED TO STREAM CROSSINGS, STEPPING OVER ROOTS AND ROCKS ALONG THE TRAIL. TRAIL CONDITIONS CAN BE MUDDY AND SLIPPERY AFTER NIGHTS OF RAINFALL. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR TRIP DIRECTLY WITH US OR THROUGH YOUR CONCIERGE. PROPER FOOTWEAR IS A MUST! NO FLIP-FLOPS OR CROCS! SNEAKERS OR HIKING SANDALS YOU DON’T MIND GETTING WET & MUDDY. GUESTS MUST BE THE ADVENTUROUS TYPE; IN GOOD PHYSICAL CONDITION TO DO THIS TOUR. ROUND TRIP: 4 MILES OF KAYAKING AND 2 MILES OF HIKING. WE WANT EVERYONE WHO GOES OUT WITH US TO HAVE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! MAHALO 🙂
- 24-hour notice is required for cancellation; 72 hours notice is required for groups of 6 or more passengers. 100% penalty charge strictly enforced.